Dates: May 4-June 1, 2013
Conducted by: No More Tears
Course Instructors: Laura L. Finley, Ph.D.
Course fees: $125
NPA Certificate Points: 2 CEUs: 1.4 NPA Course #: NCP06.2
Spheres of Peace: personal, social, institutional
Register for this Course Now
Apply for a Scholarship
This online course will focus on outlining the many social and structural factors that lead to domestic violence, in particular, patriarchy, classism, and militarism. It will also highlight the ways domestic violence harms our communities, from increased healthcare costs to school-based problems, increased incarceration, reduced economic productivity and more. Further, the course will provide models and examples for community-based solutions to domestic violence, including campus-community outreach programs and efforts that utilize principles of grassroots community organizing.
- Students will be able to identify the ways patriarchy, classism, and militarism impact domestic viole.nce.
- Students will be able to recognize the societal costs of domestic violence.
- Students will be able to list and evaluate at least three community-based responses to abuse.
- Principles of human rights;
- positive peace;
- interpersonal peace;
- primary, secondary and tertiary responses;
- prevention programming
- Nonviolent communication;
- critical evaluation of public policy;
- development of prevention programming