- PhD, in the Philosophy of Early Childhood Education, 2013, Walden University, A grounded theory on spiritual development for US early childhood educators (Amie Beckett, advisor)
- M.Ed., Curriculum and Instruction, 1994, Cleveland State University, Emphasis in Early Childhood Education
- Assumption Montessori Training, 1974, Ravenhill Academy; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
- B.S., Psychology, 1971, University of Southern California at Santa Barbara
Higher Education Work Experience
- Adjunct Instructor, Siegal College of Jewish Studies, 2004 to present, Teaching Undergraduate courses in early childhood Jewish teacher education, and supervision of field students, facilitator of Jewish Reggio Study Group
- Online Instructor, 2005-2006, Gratz College: Philadelphia., PA, Teaching Undergraduate courses in early childhood teacher education, and supervision of field students
- Instructor, 2004 – 2005, Lake Erie College, Teaching Undergraduate courses in early childhood teacher education, and supervision of field students
- Instructor, 2002-2003, Cuyahoga Community College, Teaching Undergraduate courses in early childhood teacher education, and supervision of field students
- Adjunct Instructor, fall 2001, Chestnut Hill College, Montessori Philosophy and Child Development
- Adjunct Instructor, 1983-1985, Montgomery Community College, Blue Bell, PA, Teaching Undergraduate courses in early childhood teacher education, and supervision of field students
- Adjunct Instructor, 1978-1983, San Bernardino community college, San Bernardino, CA.
My PhD is in spiritual development of young children beginning at birth which is deeply connected to raising peace loving children.
Professional Experiences in Peacebuilding / Community Building
All of the following experiences have provided me with the opportunity to be a peace builder as I guide children to better know themselves. It is my belief that in raising children with strong self-awareness, we are insuring a more peaceful community. Also, a spiritually nurtured child knows peace, as does as child who spend time in nature.
- Director and teacher at Shaker Cooperative Nursery School at Heights Sept 2010-present, Christian Church
- Early Childhood Consultant for the Jewish Education Center of Cleveland 2000-present
- Early Childhood Consultant, 2006 – 2009, Greater Cleveland Neighborhood Centers Association, Early Childhood Professional Development Instructor for professional Development ODE, 2007 – 2009
- Co-seminar planner and Faculty, 2005-2007, Jewish Community Center Association - Lekhu Lakhem
- Early Childhood Director, Goodrich-Gannett Neighborhood Center, 2003-2004
- Montessori Head Start Teacher, 2001-2002, Laura Waring Elementary School: Philadelphia, Pa.
- Teacher and Early Childhood Coordinator, Agnon School in Cleveland, Ohio 1991-2001
- Kindergarten Teacher, 1985-1991, Solomon Schechter Day School, Philadelphia., PA.